Set up VUU Office 365 on an Mobile device
Follow the instructions below to help you set up your VUU Office 365 email account on your mobile device.
Under the Settings app, select Passwords & Accounts.
- Select the Add Account option on the screen.
- Select Exchange from the Add Account screen.
- Enter your full VUU Email address in this format: email@example.com. Feel free to change the Description from “Exchange” to whatever you want.
- A popup window will appear asking if you want to Sign In to your vuu.edu Exchange account using Microsoft. Choose Sign In.
- You’ll be taken to the VUU Office 365 sign in page, where your username in the format firstname.lastname@example.org will be pre-filled. Select your account and enter your Exchange email password and then tap Sign In.
- You’ll then be taken back to the setup screen where you’ll have the option to turn certain Exchange services (such as Mail, Contacts, and Calendar) ON or OFF. We suggest leaving everything ON, but it’s up to you.
- Tap on the Save button to complete the setup.
You can now open up the Mail or Calendar apps to see your email and calendar. You may need to wait a few minutes after you set up your account before you can send or receive e-mail.
Some Android users may see slightly different menu options when configuring their devices.
Tap the Settings app on the phone.
- Tap Accounts.
- Swipe down and tap + Add Account.
- Tap Exchange (Some users may see it listed as Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync).
- Enter your Email address in the format email@example.com and then tap Next.
- Enter your Exchange Password in the Password field and then tap Next.
- Select Sign In. Some Android devices will auto-configure at this point; however, some Android devices need to enter the Server information manually, so swipe down and edit the Server field to read mail.office365.com and then tap Next.
- Tap OK in the Remote Security Administration window that appears.
- Tap Next to create the account.
- Tap Activate at the bottom of the Activate Device Administrator window.
- Edit the Account Name field (this is optional) and then tap Next to complete setup.